This is one of our favourite slots in our calendar.
As you may have guessed, the premise is to look at video content that has inspired us – it’s something we’ve been doing for a long time, but thought we’d share it.
We sit down as a team every Friday afternoon and each show a video of our choice. There is no restriction on the size or budget, it could be a students final year piece, or the latest advert from Honda – the point is to keep the material diverse.
We then discuss each one, focusing on the following significant points:
- What’s the idea and story behind the piece?
- How does the idea relate to the purpose.
- What are the technical elements of the production? and how have they gone about producing it?
- How does the video assist the beneficiary/client?
- Does it do the job i.e. sell the product/service?
- Our emotive responses.
If you’re thinking of doing some video work, you might want to consider these points : )